Saturday, October 18, 2008

What He Wants

I was reading, How to Win Friends and Influence People. It is a great book that Trump recommended to me because of my bad luck with dealing with most of my sorority line sisters. I am reading the book two years too late, but I am bound to need the principles in my life at some point.

However, the other day I was reading a part that talks about giving people what they want in order to get what you want. It is very, very good. But I got to thinking. What do I want? In relationships that is obvious. I want the undivided love and attention of Trump -- if not Trump, someone insanely better. I can't fathom that though so right now I will just say I want Trump. After I concluded that I wondered to myself, what does Trump want? I pondered this for a few minutes then it hit me like a freight train.

Trump wants to be left alone by me.

If anyone else would've said that to me, I would have slapped her. But, I can't slap myself hard enough for it to make sense to slap myself so I sat there wallowing in the inconvenient truth.

Trump hardly calls, texts or messages me. When I'm in town, he has every excuse not to hang out. He is off and then on. And never the initiator. He is a lot of work for me, if you can't tell. But that is because he wants me to leave him alone. Unbelievable that I didn't realize this before.

I hate when guys bug me and I'm doing it to Trump right now! I message him, call him, text him and everything all the time. Sometimes he politely talks to me. Most of the time, I am ignored. And either way, I always do all the initial contact. What have I been thinking? Why can't I leave this man alone? If I disappeared from his life right now, he wouldn't notice.

It's sad to think about but so very, very true. I have been living in a cave. But how, I ask myself, how in the world do I begin to unattach this man from my heart and my mind? This is going to take Divine Intervention. I have never been able to get over an old man without replacing him with a new one. But I have no interest in doing that, plus I like Trump so much, I would be doing any new man a disservice. I am done though. Beginning today, October 18th, I am giving Trump exactly what he wants.

I am leaving him alone.

0 comments: